Friday, September 29, 2006

Common courtesy?

I began mailing out resumes for library jobs back in late July. Most of the jobs closed mid-August to mid-September. As of this writing, I have not heard anything...not even a form-letter rejection.

I do know that I didn't get one job, but only because I work where the job is (was) available! Another job, this one in North Carolina, has been reopened which means I probably did not get that one either.

I knew that it would be a longshot to get any job that required any professional work experience, so I am semi-prepared for a lengthy job hunt. Is it not the decent thing to send out a rejection letter? I spent a considerable amount of time polishing the resume, writing a cover letter, lining up references. I deserve at least a form letter!

No comments: