Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Waiting... News Sort Of...



I've been trying to put this video on here for a week. Evidently, no one told Google Video or YouTube (both owned by Google) that Blogger (also part of the ever growing Google family) has been updated.

I guess it is still appropriate -- I'm still waiting for a final job offer.

Here is what has been going on in Jobland this week:

I find out that both schools added the database I presented: one even had it listed as a new database on the library's main webpage. Very flattering!

Then on Monday, I hear from a little birdie that my presentation went over very well at The Citadel, but this individual did not know whether or not a final decision was made. Even if a decision was made, the director is out of the country for an unspecified amount of time (at least this "birdie" didn't know how long she would be abroad). It goes without saying that a final decision on two new faculty members would not be made until the director returns home.

Coker's news is a little more interesting. During my interview, I was asked if I considered applying for the other librarian position -- the Instruction Librarian. I answered that I had considered it, but I didn't want to hurt my chances for the position that I would rather have (and interviewed for) -- the Electronic Resources librarian.

Fast forward to Monday night when the director calls and asks me if I am interested in the other position. Apparently, there is a budget issue with hiring two librarians. They absolutely need the Instruction Librarian to begin teaching a new class in January -- so they have to fill that post.

When I responded that I wanted the job, she replied "Oh Good!" Now her boss is checking with the various college officials who control the money and so on. I'm still not 100% sure this is a job offer, but most of my people at the Addlestone seem to think it is a firm offer. She promised to get back to me by Thursday. Another few days waiting by the phone won't hurt anything, will it?

I really do hope I get the job at Coker. Even if it isn't what I applied for, the idea of going to a new library is very exciting. Living in a small town is also very enticing, especially after driving in heavy traffic in Charleston this afternoon at 2 PM! Traffic issues at 2 o'clock in the afternoon...enough already!

No comments: